E N J O Y and THX

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spare Time with Cooking

Ehm.. First, I will try to write in english. 

Already this week, I spent my spare time with cooking.
I begin to open my old box that containing the recipe books and try to practice.
Some recipes that i manage to practice are Sultana Cookie and Black Sticky Rice Chiffon Cake, in indonesia called Bolu Ketan Hitam. And actually, i'm not too stupid in cooking :) The proof is the cake and cookie that i made is favored by families, especially my mother.

My First : Sultana, The King of Cookies
Sultana is one of my favorite cookie. Previciously, I just found this when Idul Fitri. That's why I really worked hard for making it, so that I can eat everyday. Actually, i've been practicing this recipe when my grandmather was still alive. So I tried it for twice. This secret recipe is inherited from my family. What's special from this cookie? The feature are a delicious taste and the soft texture. The shape of sultana cookie like a sandwich, which consist of two layer of cookies and a layer jam in the middle. In the top layer, there is a cruchy cheese topping. So, can you imagine this taste? I rated 10 from 10 for this cookie.
Here is i take some pictures of this cookie :

the cookie when it was on the pan

ready to eat with a cup of coffee or tea



Black Sticky Rice Chiffon Cake
I've gottend this recipe from that source http://www.ncc-indonesia.com/detail.php?aid=319
first i saw the shape was very interesting. So i'm practicing it today. And the result was not too much different from the original. When my mother came from work, she tasted it, and I was happy when she said "it's very delicious" wow!. i think my effort was not in vain.
Some special of this cake are good tasty and soft texture. The color is black, because it's containing black sticky rice flour.
Black Sticky Rice Chiffon Cake

Both of that dishes are exactly eaten with a cup of coffee or tea.

Insidentally, it's currently raining here... so i feel very right to eat that dishes right now. Bon Apetit!

No comments: